So, will YOU need a wedding planner?
- Are you busy with family, home, career or just enjoying life?
- Are you interested in having a "second set of eyes," from conception to completion?
- Do you need a "buffer" between yourself and pushy parents / inlaws / wedding party members?
- Are you concerned about exceeding your budget?
- Do you want an event designed that incorporates elements many of your guests will have never experienced before?
- Are you having a destination wedding?
If your answer is "yes" to any of the questions above, you would undoubtedly benefit from the help of a wedding planner or consultant. Remember, these professionals are not just for the wealthy. Many work within all budgets. So, whether you've envisioned your wedding to be extravagantly grand, intimately small, opulent or modest ... a consultant can be your partner, adviser, creative director and more.
Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a perfect wedding. Even celebrity wedding planner Colin Cowie admits, "If someone comes to me and says, 'I want the perfect wedding,' I'll tell her she's come to the wrong man. Things are always going wrong." But, he does conclude "that's why you need a professional."
What you've envisioned will be a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence and the most important goal is for YOU to enjoy it. But, if you're on your cell phone calling late vendors or worrying whether or not the flowers arrived, you will run the risk of missing out on priceless memories.
So, seriously consider your options when deciding whether or not you will need a wedding planner.
In hindsight, even I wish I had hired one! (wink)