Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Last night, while reading my Dialogue (the Association of Bridal Consultants' newsletter), I came across some really interesting statistics taken from the June bulletin of The American Association of Retired Persons (AARP). Their story on comparing weddings from 50 years ago to today reported eye-opening figures which not only supported the well-known facts that weddings cost a lot more now and divorce rates are higher, but also showed that brides and grooms are about 30% older, couples are having 42% fewer children and the life expectancy of men (while still lower than women) has grown an exciting 14%!
Monday, August 25, 2008
Friday, August 22, 2008
Posted by Rashana of THE BRIDAL PARTY at 12:50 PM
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Nowadays, it seems quite common for brides-to-be to proclaim their wish of being "simple, yet elegant" on their wedding day. Actually, I've come to expect to hear this. But the celebutante in me maintains hope that there are still a few out there openly seeking nothing short of opulence. This idea brings St. Pucchi to mind. As far as I'm concerned, St. Pucchi's designs are extravagant, ostentatious magnificence ... eye candy at its best! Feast your eyes on a few of my favorites, below.
If you're a bride-to-be looking for a truly extraordinary gown, definitely don't forget St. Pucchi. And even if you're not shopping or don't have the courage it would take to pull one of these beauties off, feel free to imagine and live vicariously through these photos.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Here are a few guidelines to remember when choosing a neckline:
- Ideal for women with small breasts and petite frames
- Strap size: The smaller the woman, the smaller you can go with the strap
- Good for full breast sizes and pear shaped figures
- Bad for full arms
- Highlights shoulders and collar bone
- Best suited for women with smaller breasts
- Works well with broad shoulders
- Bad for women with large breasts
- De-emphasizes the bust area, usually perfect for the more conservative bride
- Good for women with small breasts (will allow them to appear bustier)
- Usually good for all figures
- Ideal for large busts
- Good for women with medium-sized breasts interested in accentuating cleavage
- Perfect for elongating the neck
- Not ideal for small busts
- Great for broad shoulders
- Great for petite frames
- Similar to an off-the-shoulder style, but made with more fabric
- Better for fuller arms
- Good for prominent collarbones
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Monday, August 11, 2008
Here are a few photos, courtesy of Maloman Photographers, of a recent bride wearing Rasharna. It's always a plus to see fashion in action. Happy Planning!
We are pleased to announce the newest addition to all service packages of The Bridal Party ... the SWEETS SIDEBOARD!
(also affectionately known as a candy buffet)
The Bridal Party will design and construct each Sweets Sideboard specifically for each of its clients, to incoporate their favorite candies, sweet treats and event color palette. All candy jars, cake stands, serving platters, utensils/scoopers and favor bags will be delivered and set up for the client. Their only job will be deciding and providing the sweets! Caramel apples, truffles, personalized M&Ms, macaroons and jelly beans are our favorites, but the options are surely endless and we'll help every step of the way to make the best choices for a gorgeous display. Guests are sure to be pleased as they hand-pick (or scoop) and prepare their own take-home confections.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Each cake surprised its guest table with a different flavor too ... some almond cake with amaretto filling, a few others lemon cake with fresh strawberries and vanilla custard, a couple chocolate cake with oreos and cream, and finally red velvet cake with lemon cream cheese filling. As usual, job well done!
Saturday, August 9, 2008
... well, just in case you're still deciding, here are a few more to consider for the maids. Happy Shopping!
Left: Shirred strapless dress with sweetheart neckline. Features skirt with detachable train. Right: Strapless gown with tea length skirt. Features ruffle detail on bodice and princess seams on skirt.
Left: Slate-gray silk shantung A-line bubble dress accented with gathered Cummerbund at waist, ruffled hem. Right: Raisin chiffon sheath with gathered bodice, ribbon trim at empire waist.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
So ... here are a few very affordable options, courtesy of Target!
- "Vina" - set of 6 for $19.99
- "Magnifico" - set of 4 for $24.99
- Jean M. "Flared" - set of 2 for $30.99
- "Esperienze" - set of 4 for $29.99
- "Atelier" - set of 4 for $29.99