Skip to main content

Twenty Questions ...

While catching up on my blog-reading, I noticed a really fun post over at Danielle Gregory's Oh Happy Blog! Danielle has great ideas and finds, of which I've been quite intrigued. And today, I've decided to borrow this cute little quiz.

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? During the holidays, I'm all about egg nog. It's actually a bit obsessive of me (especially since it's so high in cholesterol and I really should not indulge). But hey ... it's only around once a year.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? "Santa," better know as yours truly, always wraps each and every gift. In fact, today I spent about 2-3 hours wrapping the gifts we've accumulated thus far. It's all about presentation with me ... I can't help it, I'm a planner!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Though I grew up with colored lights, once I became the head of my own household, it's been white lights or nothing. Trees shine and glow more with white lights, I think.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? I hung mistletoe one year, but no one seemed to be compelled to kiss under it. Haven't hung any since. Bummer.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Traditionally, I would have my decorations up no later than the first weekend of December. This year, I am running waaaay late, and nothing is up as of yet. I feel terrible about it and it's really not like me, but it took me much longer to get into the "spirit" this year.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I don't know if I have a favorite dish, but I sure enjoy the egg nog (see question #1).

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Growing up, the tradition in my family was everyone meeting for dinner at my great-aunt Bobbie's house. Each kid usually brought their favorite toy received that year, my aunt prepared a HUGE feast and everyone enjoyed laughing and talking with one another. One Christmas, my uncle surprised us kids by dressing up as Santa Claus! He jogged into the room blaring, "Ho Ho Ho ... Merry Christmas!" and we went nuts. Of course, we knew it was Uncle James, but it was so cool to pretend and sit around his feet while he handed out gifts.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I really don't remember when I learned the truth about Santa, but I'm pretty sure it was early on in my childhood. The whole Santa thing didn't make much sense to me, plus, I well knew that it was my Mommy's hardwork and love that got me everything I wanted for Christmas each year.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Just started doing this last year. A nice little tease, I think. Only when there's company over though.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Lights first ... tinsel & ribbon ... ornaments. Jewel tones and a gold star atop.

11. Snow, love it or hate it? I love it. Last week New Jersey experienced it's first real snow storm. While it made for a scary drive home, I couldn't resist gazing out of my office window as it fell and marveling at how beautiful it was.

12. Can you ice skate? Barely, but yes!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? When I was a little girl, there was a talking doll called "Cricket" on the market. Her eyes and mouth moved and she was somewhat interactive. The year she came out, this was the main thing I wanted for Christmas. Cricket was pretty expensive back then, so I knew there was a chance I might not get it, but I hoped and hoped. Christmas morning, I opened all of my gifts ... but no Cricket. I was very disappointed, however, I tried my best not to show it since I had received so many other wonderful gifts. After I went into my bedroom to sulk, I heard the doll's voice coming from the front of our apartment. I walked out there, but I didn't see the doll so I assumed my neighbor (who was only a year or two younger than me) had received it. "Great, oh well" I thought. However, when I turned around to head back to my room, my mother had the doll sitting on the couch! "Nasty trick," I thought ... but I was SO happy. In hindsight, this doll was pretty creepy, but I loved her just the same.

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? For me ... reflection. In all of the hustle and bustle of the season, I always take time to reflect and respect the REAL significance behind all of this.

15.What is your favorite holiday dessert? Warm Peach Cobbler.

16. What tops your tree? A glittery, golden star. I've never been into angels at the tops of Christmas trees.

17. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I'm a giver. I love to shop and I love to surprise my loved ones with the "perfect" gift.

18. What is your favorite Christmas song? "What Child Is This"

19. What is your favorite Christmas movie? "A Christmas Story" It's been my favorite for many, many years. Although, I really love "The Family Stone" as well.

20. What would be the best gift you could receive this year? Hope and health for the new year! 2008 bears many possibilities and I pray I am able to take advantage of them all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Farm Sweet Farm" 1st Birthday Party

My husband and I celebrated our baby twins, Jonah & Gia's, 1st birthday with a "Farm Sweet Farm" party last weekend.  The party was held at our home (aka The Anderson Farm ) and our closest family and friends excitedly attended.  Honestly it's still difficult for us to believe a full year has gone by since they entered our lives, but one thing was clear from the beginning --- we had a lot to celebrate and we intended to do just that! Everyone had loads of fun; they would've partied until the cows came home if we let them.  And since the guests of honor LOVE animals, the theme proved to be absolutely perfect for them and their guests.  To most, I'm known for planning amazing weddings and bridal celebrations by means of THE BRIDAL PARTY , so it was really a lot of fun to step outside of my comfort zone and show off my versatility and range.  I can't deny, this was FUN!  I'm still quite "giddy" about it all. * * * * * * * * * * INVITA

scam (skām): A fraudulent business scheme

Y esterday, I received my first wedding scam attempt (guess my latest marketing and advertising efforts are starting to work). I received an email from an "Irish" bride-to-be whose fiance was offered a job in the U.S. and needed help planning a small wedding in New Jersey. I vaguely remembered hearing of certain swindle attempts on wedding vendors (especially photographers and videographers), so my radar peaked immediately, however, I didn't jump to any conclusions right away. I responded to the email, drew up a preliminary proposal, quoted cost of service and submitted an invoice for payment. Nonetheless, when it became apparent that the bride-to-be and her French fiance only intended on mailing a cashier's check, I knew right away what I was dealing with ... a scam! I happen to know that international cashier's checks are not fully validated for 90 days. So even though the check may clear at first, if found to be phony, the money is later deducted. I must say, i

Aidan & Jonathan: Enchanted Forest

We shared snapshots of our Enchanted Forest wedding just four days ago and somehow, SOMEWAY, professional photos became available last night!  (an unbelievable world record ... calling Guinness after the holiday) As mentioned before, we were brought on to plan and execute this wedding just 3 months out, at which time 90% of the vendors and service providers had not been selected.  But I must say, we couldn't have had a better team of professionals bring this event to life if we'd started a year ago.   The ceremony was held in the evening on the outdoor patio of Stone House at Stirling Ridge in Warren, NJ.  On this brisk mid-November night, our teams successfully achieved a loving and warm ambiance by having clear tent wall covered by swags of 21-foot long fabric hung on the outer perimeter of the space.  This treatment allowed for the bride's dream of being married near nature but also kept the couple's beloved friends and family comfortable.  A blooming birch-b