I was so surprised and happy to be green-tagged for the first time, thanks to a new colleague/friend, Deidre Gray of Always A Positive Image, LLC. So, this means I must share a list of ways I help contribute to a healthy environment. I decided to list according to what I do in my home and what I do via my business.
- We're almost done replacing all light bulbs with CFLBs (Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs) ... which use 75% less energy than regular light bulbs.
- We diligently recycle all glass, plastic and paper.
- Like Deidre, we only use Scott tissue
- We drink filtered water ... Brita
- I recommend donating apparel, especially wedding gowns, to charities. The I DO FOUNDATION offers help with this.
- I recommend calligraphy. It can cost a bit more, but it's an excellent way to further personalize an event as well as an excellent way to save on ink, toner and other chemicals needed for printing.
- I recommend candlelight ... much more energy efficient and 100% more romantic.
- I recommend venues that are dedicated to sustainability (potential longevity of vital human ecological support systems, such as the planet's climatic system, systems of agriculture, industry, forestry, and fisheries, and human communities in general and the various systems on which they depend). A couple of my New Jersey favorites are the Pleasantdale Chateau and The Newark Museum.
And with that, I'm tagging these folks!