8-8-08) was not only the day the Chinese launched the Olympic games but the day chosen by thousands of engaged couples because the phrase “I Love You” has exactly 8 letters and the number "8" turned on it's side illustrates the symbol for "infinity." So what about September 9, 2009? Let's explore the pros and cons of 9-9-09:
- Wikipedia says: "The number 9, being the greatest of single-digit numbers, was historically associated with the Emperor of China; the Emperor's robes often had nine dragons, and Chinese mythology held that the dragon has nine children. Moreover, the number 9 (jiu) sounds like the word for "longlasting", and as such is often used in weddings.
- Several wedding planners and hotels (such as Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas) are offering their full-service packages at $999 if you book 9-9-09.
- When examining the spiritual meaning of the number "9," it is said to represent attainment, satisfaction, accomplishment and success to achieve an influence in our circumstances.
- 9-9-09 falls on a Wednesday.
- Some view 9-9-09 as a scary date, being that it's 666 upside down.
- See "first CONS bullet."