Once you've said "I Do," finished the layout for your wedding album and mailed off the last thank-you note you officially enter the realm of the MARRIED. Hooray! The doors are now open to the yearly celebration of your anniversary...plus gifts. And lucky for you (and probably more lucky for your husband) there's always been a preset list of anniversary gifts by year. Now...the gift-list has evolved over the years, but since I often times enjoy sticking to tradition I'd like to highlight the traditional first five anniversary gift themes: paper, cotton, leather, fruit/flowers and wood.
- Gift Idea: Airline Tickets to one of the top romantic destinations in the world, perhaps Aspen, New York City, Costa Rica, Tahiti, Italy or Greece.
- Gift Idea: An exquisite piece of artwork for your home.
- Gift Idea: A clothing shopping spree...a few new suits for him, a few classic dresses or lingerie for her.
- Gift Idea: Matching monogrammed bathrobes and/or luxury bedding for your master suite.
- Gift Idea: A fabulous set of designer luggage.
- Gift Idea: An item for personal style...a leather tool belt or wallet for him, a pair of Christian Louboutin pumps for her.
- Gift Idea: Four dozen roses...one for each month of marriage.
- Gift Idea: Plan a romantic picnic, complete with fresh breads, fruits, cheeses and wine.
- Gift Idea: Design/renovate a game room or home movie for him or a custom walk-in closet for her.
- Gift Idea: New dining room furniture, complete with china cabinet and sideboard.
- - - - - - - - - -
by Rashana Anderson
Founder & Managing Director, THE BRIDAL PARTY